Your car’s handbrake is actually a obligatory basic safety feature according to the highway code, in fact , it aims to quit your Chrysler Pacifica, even on a slight slope. It must be independent of the main brake controls. It will be possible that as time passes the cable system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will not really pass the technical control or you may well feel that it is actually no longer stopping your car. To deal with these challenges, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Chrysler Pacifica . To do this, first we will see the adjustment of the manual handbrake on Chrysler Pacifica , then, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and then the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Chrysler Pacifica?
Therefore we start our article with the hand brake adjustment of a Chrysler Pacifica in its manual version. This version performs in a basic way having a system of cable and anchoring screws that allow you to control the tension from the device and thus to modify the stroke from the lever of your handbrake. To act on it you need to act on these screws in order to extend the handbrake cable of your Chrysler Pacifica . In any case, just before adjusting the hand brake, you must be sure your back wheels are certainly not blocked through the adjustment. Please find below the detailed procedure to carry out this kind of intervention:
- With the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once done, you should discover a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it up to see the screw and cable system.
- You will have to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench to allow you to replace the cable tension.
- Now screw on the lock nuts on both sides, ensure that you make the comparable changes on both sides to hold a balanced braking, and be sure the hand brake lever of your Chrysler Pacifica has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten up the locknuts and check the locking of the wheels of your car, if it’s very good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten again the tightening anchoring screws until you get an ideal setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of your Chrysler Pacifica, the adjustment will be exactly the same but it will be done by passing directly below your car in the level of the handbrake lever. Make sure to place your car on the stand just before any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my Chrysler Pacifica?
Second system of handbrake adjustment on Chrysler Pacifica , this is an automatic handbrake, contrary to the manual one, this place is done directly on the brake drums or perhaps calipers, which is meant to adapt automatically to the wear of your brake shoes or brake pads. It may be that if you quickly have to purchase brake pads, the handbrake will lose power, here are the steps to take to check if the tension of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Realize that an automatic handbrake can not be modified directly because it is purported to adapt themselves to the use of the brake pads or pads of your Chrysler Pacifica.
- You can still check that the system is operating correctly by simply putting the automobile on the stand and verifying by driving under the vehicle that the pads are still in good functioning order.
- For drum brakes it is necessary to disassemble the brakes to check your the shoes, all of us suggest you to have it completed by a professional.
- Make sure to replace your brake pads if you need to.
What is the cost of adjusting the handbrake of Chrysler Pacifica by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, especially since it concerns a security element of your car, namely the adjustment from the handbrake of your Chrysler Pacifica , we inform you to go to a auto technician who are able to adjust the handbrake for your about fifty euros . If you have problems with vibrations when braking on Chrysler Pacifica, do not wait to refer to our article which works with this trouble.
To discover more tips on the Chrysler Pacifica, take a look at the Chrysler Pacifica category.