Your car’s handbrake is a required safety feature according to the highway code, in fact , it aims to quit your Buick Encore, even on a slight incline. It must be independent of the main brake system controls. It is possible that with time the cable system of the hand brake will relax and you will certainly not pass the technical control or you may possibly feel that it can be no longer blocking your car. To cope with these problems, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Buick Encore . To do this, first we will see the adjustment of a manual handbrake on Buick Encore , then, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and then finally the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Buick Encore?
Therefore we start off our article with the hand brake adjustment of a Buick Encore in its manual version. This version performs in a simple way with a system of cable and screws that allow you to manage the tension in the device and thus to modify the stroke in the lever of your handbrake. To act on it you should act on these types of screws in order to extend the handbrake cable of your Buick Encore . In any case, before adjusting the hand brake, you must be sure your rear end wheels aren’t blocked throughout the adjustment. Please find under the detailed method to carry out this intervention:
- On the level of your handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once performed, you should discover a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it to see the screw and cable system.
- You need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to replace the cable pressure.
- Now screw on the lock nuts upon both sides, be sure to make the same changes on both sides to hold a balanced braking, and be sure the hand brake handle of your Buick Encore has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten up the locknuts and check the fastening of the wheels of your car, if it’s great you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten up again the tightening screws until you get an ideal setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of your Buick Encore, the adjustment will be precisely the same but it really will be done by passing directly below your car in the level of your handbrake handle. Be sure to set your car on the stand before any action.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my personal Buick Encore?
Second approach to handbrake adjustment upon Buick Encore , this is an automatic handbrake, contrary to the manual one, this one is done upon the brake drums or perhaps calipers, and is expected to adapt automatically for the wear of your brake shoes or brake pads. It may be that if you shortly have to get brake pads, your handbrake will lose power, listed below are the steps for taking to check if the strain of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Take note that an automatic handbrake can not be adjusted straight because it is purported to adapt by itself to the use of the brake pads or pads of your Buick Encore.
- You can nonetheless check that the system is functioning effectively simply by putting the car on the stand and checking by driving under the motor vehicle that the brake pads are still in good working order.
- For drum brakes it will be required to disassemble the tires to check your the shoes, we advise you to have it achieved by a professional.
- Be sure you replace your brake pads if you need to.
What is the cost of adjusting the handbrake of Buick Encore by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, especially since it questions a security element of your car, namely the adjustment in the handbrake of your Buick Encore , we advise you to go to a technician who can adjust your handbrake for the about fifty local currency . When you have problems with vibrations when braking on Buick Encore, do not think twice to refer to our article which refers to this issue.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Buick Encore, do not hesitate to consult our Buick Encore category.