Your car’s handbrake is actually a required security feature based on the highway code, in fact , it aims to end your Bmw Serie 2 F22, even on a slight slope. It must be in addition to the main brake controls. It will be possible that after some time the wire system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will not really pass the technical control or you may well feel that it truly is no longer blocking your car. To cope with these complications, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Bmw Serie 2 F22 . To achieve this, first we will see the adjustment of your manual handbrake on Bmw Serie 2 F22 , after that, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and then finally the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Bmw Serie 2 F22?
So we commence our document with the hand brake adjustment of a Bmw Serie 2 F22 in its manual version. This kind of version works in a simple way which has a system of wire and screws that allow you to control the tension in the device and therefore to modify the stroke in the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you will have to act on these types of screws in order to stretch the handbrake cable of the Bmw Serie 2 F22 . In any case, before adjusting the hand brake, you must check that your back wheels are not blocked through the adjustment. Please find under the detailed method to carry out this kind of intervention:
- On the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once completed, you should see a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it to see the screw and wire system.
- You will need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to change the cable stress.
- Now screw on the locking mechanism nuts in both sides, make certain to make the exact changes upon both sides to keep a balanced braking, and check that the hand brake handle of your Bmw Serie 2 F22 has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten up the locknuts and test the fastening of the rims of your car, if it’s great you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten again the tightening screws until you get an optimum setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the Bmw Serie 2 F22, the adjustment will be exactly the same but it really will be done by passing below your car on the level of the handbrake handle. Be sure to put your car on the stand before any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my own Bmw Serie 2 F22?
Second system of handbrake adjustment in Bmw Serie 2 F22 , this is an automatic handbrake, in contrast to the manual one, this method is done on the brake drums or perhaps calipers, and is imagined to adjust automatically towards the wear of the brake shoes or brake pads. It may be that if you rapidly have to get brake pads, the handbrake will lose power, allow me to share the steps to consider to examine if the tension of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Bear in mind that an automatic handbrake cannot be modified straight because it is supposed to adapt itself to the use of the brake pads or pads of your Bmw Serie 2 F22.
- You can even now examine that the system is working effectively simply by putting the vehicle on the stand and examining by driving under the auto that the brake pads are still in good performing order.
- For drum brakes it will be necessary to take apart the brakes to examine the state of the shoes, we all recommend you to have it conducted by a specialist.
- Be sure you change your brake pads if you need to.
What is the price of adjusting the handbrake of Bmw Serie 2 F22 by a specialist?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, specifically since it concerns a safety element of your car, namely the adjustment in the handbrake of the Bmw Serie 2 F22 , we give you advice to go to a technician who can adjust the handbrake for your about fifty local currency . In case you have problems with vibrations when braking on Bmw Serie 2 F22, do not wait to refer to our document which relates to this issue.
If you have any further questions about the Bmw Serie 2 F22, do not hesitate to consult our Bmw Serie 2 F22 category.