Your car’s handbrake is a obligatory security feature according to the highway code, in fact , this aims to end your Acura TSX, even over a slight incline. It must be in addition to the main brake controls. It is possible that after some time the wire system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will certainly not pass the technical control or you may well feel that it really is no longer blocking your car. To deal with these complications, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Acura TSX . To do this, first we will see the adjustment of the manual handbrake on Acura TSX , then, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and then the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Acura TSX?
Thus we start our document with the hand brake adjustment of a Acura TSX in its manual version. This version performs in a simple way using a system of wire and anchoring screws that allow you to manage the tension in the device and therefore to modify the stroke in the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you will need to act on these kinds of screws to be able to extend the handbrake cable of the Acura TSX . In any case, before adjusting the hand brake, you must check that your back wheels aren’t blocked during the adjustment. Make sure you find below the detailed procedure to carry out this kind of intervention:
- At the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that protects it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once completed, you should discover a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it up to see the screw and wire system.
- You will have to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench to allow you to replace the cable stress.
- Now screw on the lock nuts in both sides, make sure to make the exact changes on both sides to keep a balanced braking, and check that the hand brake handle of your Acura TSX has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten up the locknuts and test the locking of the wheels of your car, if it’s very good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten up again the tightening anchoring screws until you get a great ideal configuration
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the Acura TSX, the adjustment will be exactly the same but it surely will be done by passing underneath your car with the level of the handbrake handle. Make sure to set your car on the stand before any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my Acura TSX?
Second system of handbrake adjustment in Acura TSX , this is an automatic handbrake, not like the manual one, this place is done on the brake drums or calipers, which is meant to adjust automatically for the wear of the brake shoes or disc brake pads. It may be that if you before long have to acquire brake pads, the handbrake will suffer power, here are the steps to consider to examine if the tension of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Take note that an automatic handbrake can’t be adjusted directly because it is purported to adapt by itself to the don of the disc brake pads or shoes of your Acura TSX.
- You can still examine that the system is working effectively by simply putting the car on the stand and looking at by driving under the automobile that the brake pads are still in good working order.
- For drum brakes it is necessary to disassemble the brake systems to examine the state of the shoes, we all suggest you to have it completed by a professional.
- Be sure you change your disc brake pads if you need to.
What is the cost of adjusting the handbrake of Acura TSX by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, especially since it concerns a security element of your car, namely the adjustment in the handbrake of the Acura TSX , we advise you to go to a repair shop who are able to adjust the handbrake to get a about fifty euros . When you have problems with vibrations when braking on Acura TSX, do not wait to refer to our document which refers to this trouble.
To find more tips on the Acura TSX, take a look at the Acura TSX category.