Regardless you feel you can’t see properly at nighttime, whether you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these situations, there’s only one component of your automobile to blame – your low beams. Despite the fact this adjustment may seem easy to do thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a whole adjustment is much more complicated than this simple manipulation, and in this article content, we will find out how to adjust the low beam lights of your Toyota C-hr? For this, first of all we will find out why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Toyota C-hr.
Why set the low beam lights of your Toyota C-hr?
So let’s begin our article content with the advantage of adjusting the low beam lights of your Toyota C-hr. For most people these lights are sufficiently adjusted, and it seems that they light up enough at night. However this is not constantly the case and examining this setting, either because the low beams of your Toyota C-hr are not lighting up well, or because you have the feeling that they are too low or too strong is a good plan .
Adjusting the low beam of your Toyota C-hr for safety is a good plan.
Firstly, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Toyota C-hr must be done for a basic safety reason. Regardless it’s for you, or for the other drivers you come across during your night trips. In fact, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to fail to see an obstacle on the road, or to anticipate a curve badly. On the flip side, if your lights are too strong, you risk dazzling the car owners in front of you, and thus putting yourself in danger. It is consequently crucial for others as well as for you to have an optimal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Toyota C-hr for law reasons
Additionally to safety, there is a law that regulates the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at minimum , 30 meters. Another legislation regulates their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the ground, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Toyota C-hr?
We will now go forward to the part that concerns you the more in this article content, how to adjust the low beams of his Toyota C-hr? This setting may appear to be a bit difficult, but if you stick to the recommendations you should be able to do it without too much issue.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Toyota C-hr
Firstly, you will need to set up your automobile to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to put in place:
- Place your automobile on a area in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Check your tire pressure rigorously.
- Check that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unneeded weight from the automobile, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Toyota C-hr
Once your automobile is in place, you will switch on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then step back your automobile up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the operation here are the basic steps to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, identify the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Toyota C-hr (they are in general marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side handles the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or something else to hide the light on which you are not making the manipulation.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal manipulation, you should have the most strong part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical modification, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once completed, check that the low beam setting of your Toyota C-hr is consistent on the road, do not hesitate to check that it has been driven, on occasion it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Toyota C-hr, please go through our article content on this subject.
If you have any further questions about the Toyota C-hr, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota C-hr category.