Whether you feel you can’t see properly at night, regardless whether you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these occasions, there’s only one component of your automobile to blame – your low beams. Despite the fact this adjustment may seem to be simple thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a complete adjustment is much more complex than this basic modification, and in this content, we will find out how to adjust the low beam lights of your Opel Mokka X? For this, first we will find out why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Opel Mokka X.
Why set the low beam lights of your Opel Mokka X?
So let’s begin our content with the interest of adjusting the low beam lights of your Opel Mokka X. For most of us these lights are good enough adjusted, and it seems that they light up enough at night. Unfortunately this is not automatically the case and verifying this setting, either because the low beams of your Opel Mokka X are not lighting up well, or because you have the sense that they are too weak or too strong is a good option .
Adjusting the low beam of your Opel Mokka X for safety is a good option.
First of all, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Opel Mokka X must be done for a elementary safety cause. Regardless it’s for you, or for the other drivers you come across during your night journeys. In fact, if you don’t see enough, the real danger is to fail to see an obstacle on the road, or to predict a curve badly. In contrast, if your lights are too strong, you risk dazzling the drivers in front of you, and thus putting yourself at risk. It is therefore crucial for others as well as for you to have an ideal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Opel Mokka X for legal motives
Furthermore to safety, there is a law that regulates the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that light up at minimum , 30 meters. Another regulation regulates their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the ground, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Opel Mokka X?
We will now go forward to the part that concerns you the more in this content, how to adjust the low beams of his Opel Mokka X? This setting may sound a bit complex, but if you follow the instructions you should be able to do it without too much issue.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Opel Mokka X
Firstly, you will need to set up your automobile to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to apply:
- Place your automobile on a area in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Verify your tire pressure carefully.
- Verify that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unneeded weight from the automobile, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Opel Mokka X
Once your automobile is set up, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then back your automobile up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the operation here are the guidelines to follow:
- Open your bonnet, identify the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Opel Mokka X (they are usually marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side controls the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or anything else to hide the light on which you are not making the manipulation.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal manipulation, you should have the most strong part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical correction, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once completed, check that the low beam setting of your Opel Mokka X is consistent on the road, do not be reluctant to check that it has been driven, in some cases it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Opel Mokka X, please examine our content on this subject.
If you need more guides on the Opel Mokka X, go to our Opel Mokka X category.