Regardless you feel you can’t see good enough after dark, whether you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these circumstances, there’s only one part of your automobile to blame – your low beams. Even though this adjustment may seem simple thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a full adjustment is much more complex than this basic manipulation, and in this document, we will discover how to adjust the low beam lights of your Land Rover Evoque? For this, first we will discover why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Land Rover Evoque.
Why set the low beam lights of your Land Rover Evoque?
So let’s start our document with the advantage of adjusting the low beam lights of your Land Rover Evoque. For most people these lights are sufficiently adjusted, and it looks like that they light up enough at night. However this is not necessarily the case and examining this setting, either because the low beams of your Land Rover Evoque are not lighting up well, or because you have the feeling that they are too low or too strong is a good idea .
Adjusting the low beam of your Land Rover Evoque for safety is a good idea.
To start, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Land Rover Evoque must be done for a simple safety cause. Regardless it’s for you, or for the other drivers you come across during your night journeys. In fact, if you don’t see enough, the real danger is to miss an obstacle on the road, or to predict a curve badly. Alternatively, if your lights are too strong, you risk dazzling the people in front of you, and thus putting yourself at risk. It is consequently necessary for others as well as for you to have an ideal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Land Rover Evoque for law reasons
Additionally to safety, there is a law that regulates the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that light up at least 30 meters. Another legislation regulates their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the floor, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Land Rover Evoque?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the more in this document, how to adjust the low beams of his Land Rover Evoque? This setting may seem to be a bit complicated, but if you follow the recommendations you should be able to do it without too much issue.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Land Rover Evoque
Firstly, you will need to prepare your automobile to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to apply:
- Place your automobile on a floor in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Verify your tire pressure rigorously.
- Verify that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unneeded weight from the automobile, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Land Rover Evoque
Once your automobile is in place, you will switch on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then back your automobile up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the process here are the basic steps to follow:
- Open your bonnet, situate the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Land Rover Evoque (they are commonly marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side controls the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or something else to hide the light on which you are not making the correction.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal correction, you should have the most strong part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical manipulation, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once done, verify that the low beam setting of your Land Rover Evoque is consistent on the road, do not hesitate to verify that it has been driven, sometimes it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Land Rover Evoque, please read our document on this subject.
If you want more guides on the Land Rover Evoque, go to our Land Rover Evoque category.