It doesn’t matter if you feel you can’t see good enough through the night, regardless whether you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these circumstances, there’s only one component of your motor vehicle to blame – your low beams. Despite the fact this adjustment may seem to be easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a full adjustment is much more technical than this simple manipulation, and in this article content, we will find out how to adjust the low beam lights of your Honda Fit? For this, first we will find out why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Honda Fit.
Why set the low beam lights of your Honda Fit?
So let’s begin our article content with the point of adjusting the low beam lights of your Honda Fit. For many of us these lights are well enough adjusted, and it looks like that they light up enough at night. Unfortunately this is not constantly the case and checking this setting, either because the low beams of your Honda Fit are not lighting up well, or because you have the feeling that they are too low or too powerful is a good option .
Adjusting the low beam of your Honda Fit for security is a good option.
To start, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Honda Fit must be done for a simple security cause. Whether it’s for you, or for the other drivers you come across during your night trips. In reality, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to fail to see an obstacle on the route, or to predict a curve badly. On the contrary, if your lights are too powerful, you risk dazzling the people in front of you, and thus putting yourself in danger. It is subsequently important for others as well as for you to have an optimal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Honda Fit for legal motives
In addition to security, there is a law that supervises the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at least 30 meters. Another legislation supervises their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the floor, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Honda Fit?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the more in this article content, how to adjust the low beams of his Honda Fit? This setting may appear a bit complex, but if you stick to the guidelines you should be able to do it without too much problem.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Honda Fit
Firstly, you will need to set up your motor vehicle to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to put in place:
- Place your motor vehicle on a floor in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Verify your tire pressure rigorously.
- Verify that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unnecessary weight from the motor vehicle, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Honda Fit
Once your motor vehicle is into position, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then move back your motor vehicle up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the task here are the guidelines to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, locate the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Honda Fit (they are usually marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side manages the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or some thing else to hide the light on which you are not making the manipulation.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal manipulation, you should have the most powerful part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical modification, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once complete, verify that the low beam setting of your Honda Fit is consistent on the road, do not be reluctant to verify that it has been driven, in some cases it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Honda Fit, please examine our article content on this subject.
To find more tips on the Honda Fit, take a look at the Honda Fit category.