Regardless whether you feel you can’t see as well at nighttime, regardless whether you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these circumstances, there’s only one component of your motor vehicle to blame – your low beams. Even though this adjustment may look easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a complete adjustment is much more technical than this basic realignment, and in this content page, we will discover how to adjust the low beam lights of your Fiat Panda? For this, first we will discover why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Fiat Panda.
Why adjust the low beam lights of your Fiat Panda?
So let’s start our content page with the benefit of adjusting the low beam lights of your Fiat Panda. For many of us these lights are sufficiently adjusted, and it looks like that they light up enough at night. Unfortunately this is not necessarily the case and checking out this setting, either because the low beams of your Fiat Panda are not illuminating well, or because you have the sense that they are too weak or too powerful is a wise decision .
Adjusting the low beam of your Fiat Panda for safety is a wise decision.
Firstly, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Fiat Panda must be done for a ordinary safety cause. Regardless it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night journeys. In fact, if you don’t see enough, the real danger is to miss an obstacle on the route, or to predict a curve badly. On the contrary, if your lights are too powerful, you risk dazzling the drivers in front of you, and thus putting yourself in danger. It is subsequently important for others as well as for you to have an optimal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Fiat Panda for legal justifications
Additionally to safety, there is a law that supervises the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that light up at least 30 meters. Another legislation supervises their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the floor, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Fiat Panda?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this content page, how to adjust the low beams of his Fiat Panda? This setting may appear to be a bit complicated, but if you follow the guidelines you should be able to do it without too much difficulty.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Fiat Panda
Firstly, you will need to set up your motor vehicle to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to do:
- Place your motor vehicle on a floor in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Verify your tire pressure rigorously.
- Verify that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unneeded weight from the motor vehicle, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Fiat Panda
Once your motor vehicle is in position, you will switch on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then step back your motor vehicle up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the operation here are the steps to follow:
- Open your bonnet, situate the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Fiat Panda (they are usually marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side manages the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or something else to hide the light on which you are not making the manipulation.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal manipulation, you should have the most strong part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical adjustment, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once complete, check that the low beam setting of your Fiat Panda is consistent on the road, do not hesitate to check that it has been driven, in some cases it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Fiat Panda, please read our content page on this subject.
To discover more tips on the Fiat Panda, take a look at the Fiat Panda category.