Regardless you feel you can’t see good enough at night, regardless you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these situations, there’s only one part of your automobile to blame – your low beams. Although this correction may appear easy to do thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a full correction is much more technical than this basic manipulation, and in this article, we will find out how to adjust the low beam lights of your Buick Envision? For this, first we will find out why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Buick Envision.
Why adjust the low beam lights of your Buick Envision?
So let’s commence our article with the advantage of adjusting the low beam lights of your Buick Envision. For many of us these lights are sufficiently adjusted, and it looks like that they light up enough at night. Sadly this is not always the case and checking this setting, either because the low beams of your Buick Envision are not illuminating well, or because you have the sense that they are too low or too strong is a good plan .
Adjusting the low beam of your Buick Envision for safety is a good plan.
Firstly, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Buick Envision must be done for a basic safety cause. It doesn’t matter if it’s for you, or for the other users you encounter during your night journeys. In fact, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to miss an obstacle on the route, or to predict a curve badly. In contrast, if your lights are too strong, you risk dazzling the car owners in front of you, and thus putting yourself in danger. It is as a consequence essential for others as well as for you to have an optimal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Buick Envision for legal motives
Additionally to safety, there is a law that supervises the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that light up at least 30 meters. Another law supervises their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the floor, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Buick Envision?
We will now move on to the section that interests you the more in this article, how to adjust the low beams of his Buick Envision? This setting may seem a bit complicated, but if you stick to the guidelines you should be able to do it without too much issue.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Buick Envision
Firstly, you will need to set up your automobile to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to apply:
- Place your automobile on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Verify your tire pressure carefully.
- Verify that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all needless weight from the automobile, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Buick Envision
Once your automobile is in place, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then back your automobile up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the process here are the steps to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, situate the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Buick Envision (they are almost always marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side manages the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or some thing else to hide the light on which you are not making the adjustment.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal adjustment, you should have the most powerful part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical manipulation, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once finished, verify that the low beam setting of your Buick Envision is consistent on the road, do not be reluctant to verify that it has been driven, in some cases it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Buick Envision, please examine our article on this subject.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Buick Envision, do not hesitate to consult our Buick Envision category.