Regardless you feel you can’t see properly at nighttime, regardless you feel you’re lighting too low or too high, in all of these situations, there’s only one component of your automobile to blame – your low beams. Despite the fact this correction may look easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a full correction is much more complicated than this simple modification, and in this article, we will find out how to adjust the low beam lights of your Acura MDX? For this, first of all we will find out why you should adjust your lights, and, secondly, how to adjust the low beam lights of your Acura MDX.
Why adjust the low beam lights of your Acura MDX?
So let’s start our article with the advantage of adjusting the low beam lights of your Acura MDX. For many people these lights are well enough adjusted, and it looks like that they light up enough at night. However this is not constantly the case and examining this setting, either because the low beams of your Acura MDX are not lighting up well, or because you have the sense that they are too low or too powerful is a good plan .
Adjusting the low beam of your Acura MDX for security is a good plan.
To begin, the adjusting of the dipped headlights of an Acura MDX must be done for a elementary security cause. Whether it’s for you, or for the other users you encounter during your night trips. In reality, if you don’t see enough, the real danger is to miss an obstacle on the road, or to anticipate a curve badly. In contrast, if your lights are too powerful, you risk dazzling the people in front of you, and thus putting yourself in danger. It is therefore crucial for others as well as for you to have an optimal setting of your parking lights.
Setting the low beam headlights of an Acura MDX for legal reasons
Furthermore to security, there is a law that regulates the power, the adjustment of low beams of cars, here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at minimum , 30 meters. Another legislation regulates their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that the height of the beam must be between 500 mm and 1200 mm from the floor, and that they must be at least 600 mm apart.
How to adjust the low-beam headlamps of a Acura MDX?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the more in this article, how to adjust the low beams of his Acura MDX? This setting may seem a bit complex, but if you stick to the guidelines you should be able to do it without too much problem.
Preparations to set the low beam of a Acura MDX
Firstly, you will need to prepare your automobile to adjust your low beam lights in good conditions, here are the preparations to put in place:
- Place your automobile on a floor in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Examine your tire pressure precisely.
- Examine that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unnecessary weight from the automobile, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The setting of the low beam headlights of his Acura MDX
Once your automobile is set up, you will switch on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Make sure with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then back your automobile up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the operation here are the simple steps to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, situate the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the lights of your Acura MDX (they are commonly marked, and those above must adjust the verticality and those on the side adjusts the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or something else to hide the light on which you are not making the correction.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal correction, you should have the most intense part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical correction, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once done, verify that the low beam setting of your Acura MDX is consistent on the road, do not hesitate to verify that it has been driven, in some cases it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Acura MDX, please examine our article on this subject.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Acura MDX, do not hesitate to consult our Acura MDX category.