Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, most of the time, we kind of enjoy being eqquiped of fog lights on your vehicle. However, they can once in a while be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s for what reason we published this content page to teach you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Volkswagen Polo 8?. To accomplish this, first, we will discover what is the purpose of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in another part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Volkswagen Polo 8.
Why is it essential to adjust the front fog lights of your Volkswagen Polo 8?
So we will start our content page with the benefit of setting the fog lights to Volkswagen Polo 8. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they light up more or less high. This gear, which is not obligatory on an Volkswagen Polo 8, permits you to greatly improve your visibility. However, it is exclusively permitted outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Volkswagen Polo 8 allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they provide. In addition, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will surely disturb the car owners you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore necessary, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights properly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Volkswagen Polo 8?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re almost certainly most interested in in this content page, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Volkswagen Polo 8? Now that you have understood the interest of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is extremely simple, here are a few steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, check the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Volkswagen Polo 8.
- Place your automobile on a flat floor with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Volkswagen Polo 8), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Volkswagen Polo 8 and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this trace, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally placed above your fog lights, you should find them very easily, they will be more or less reachable depending on the year and the options of your Volkswagen Polo 8)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Volkswagen Polo 8, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t hesitate to read our content page on how to adjust the low beam lights on Volkswagen Polo 8 if you want to check their lighting level.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Polo 8, take a look at the Volkswagen Polo 8 category.