Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, in most cases, we are happy having fog lights on your vehicle. Nevertheless, they can occasionally be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s explanation why we had written this short post to teach you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Volkswagen Jetta?. To achieve this, first, we will see what is the reason of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in an extra step, how to adjust the fog lights of your Volkswagen Jetta.
Why is it crucial to adjust the front fog lights of your Volkswagen Jetta?
So we will start our short post with the advantage of adjusting the fog lights to Volkswagen Jetta. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This devices, which is not mandatory on an Volkswagen Jetta, allows you to greatly increase your visibility. However, it is only permitted outside built-up spaces in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Volkswagen Jetta allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they provide. In addition, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will undoubtedly disturb the drivers you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore crucial, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Volkswagen Jetta?
Now let’s go forward to the portion you’re almost certainly most focused on in this short post, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Volkswagen Jetta? Now that you have understood the interest of this adjustment, which may seem trivial, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is really basic, here are a few simple steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, check the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Volkswagen Jetta.
- Place your automobile on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Volkswagen Jetta), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Volkswagen Jetta and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this point, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally placed above your fog lights, you should find them quickly, they will be more or less accessible according to the year and the options of your Volkswagen Jetta)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Volkswagen Jetta, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t think twice to consult our short post on how to adjust the low beam lights on Volkswagen Jetta if you want to check their lighting level.
If you need more guides on the Volkswagen Jetta, go to our Volkswagen Jetta category.