Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, generally speaking, we kind of enjoy having fog lights on your car. Nevertheless, they can in some instances be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s explanation why we had written this short post to show you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Volkswagen Golf?. To do this, first, we will discover what is the meaning of adjusting the fog lights of his car, then, in a second part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Volkswagen Golf.
Why is it beneficial to adjust the front fog lights of your Volkswagen Golf?
So we will start our short post with the point of adjusting the fog lights to Volkswagen Golf. Nevertheless some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to change their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not obligatory on an Volkswagen Golf, permits you to greatly increase your visibility. However, it is only allowed outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Volkswagen Golf allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they offer. Additionally, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will inevitably bother the car owners you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore essential, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights correctly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Volkswagen Golf?
Now let’s go forward to the portion you’re almost certainly most interested in in this short post, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Volkswagen Golf? Now that you have realized the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is extremely basic, here are a few simple steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your car, verify the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Volkswagen Golf.
- Place your car on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Volkswagen Golf), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Volkswagen Golf and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this mark, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally placed above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less accessible determined by the year and the options of your Volkswagen Golf)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Volkswagen Golf, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t hesitate to consult our short post on how to adjust the low beam lights on Volkswagen Golf if you want to verify their lighting level.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Volkswagen Golf, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Golf category.