Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, most commonly, we are happy having fog lights on your motor vehicle. Even so, they can occasionally be out of adjustment or you may feel that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s the reasons we wrote this short post to show you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Toyota Iq?. To get this done, first, we will discover what is the purpose of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in a second part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Toyota Iq.
Why is it important to adjust the front fog lights of your Toyota Iq?
So we will begin our short post with the advantage of adjusting the fog lights to Toyota Iq. Even though some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to change their setting so that they light up more or less high. This equipment, which is not mandatory on an Toyota Iq, permits you to greatly increase your visibility. However, it is only permitted outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Toyota Iq allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they give. In addition, fog lights that are not correctly adjusted will surely disturb the car owners you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore essential, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Toyota Iq?
Now let’s move on to the portion you’re most likely most interested in in this short post, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Toyota Iq? Now that you have realized the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is extremely simple, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, check the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Toyota Iq.
- Place your vehicle on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Toyota Iq), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Toyota Iq and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this point, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally found above your fog lights, you should find them very easily, they will be more or less reachable depending on the year and the options of your Toyota Iq)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Toyota Iq, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t hesitate to consult our short post on how to adjust the low beam lights on Toyota Iq if you want to check their lighting level.
If you wish more guides on the Toyota Iq, go to our Toyota Iq category.