Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, in most cases, we kind of enjoy being eqquiped of fog lights on your motor vehicle. However, they can once in a while be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s for what reason we had written this content page to teach you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Toyota 4Runner?. To do this, first, we will discover what is the point of adjusting the fog lights of his car, then, in an extra section, how to adjust the fog lights of your Toyota 4Runner.
Why is it necessary to adjust the front fog lights of your Toyota 4Runner?
So we will start our content page with the importance of adjusting the fog lights to Toyota 4Runner. Nevertheless some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This devices, which is not mandatory on an Toyota 4Runner, permits you to greatly boost your visibility. However, it is exclusively permitted outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Toyota 4Runner allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they offer. Moreover, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will undoubtedly affect the car owners you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore necessary, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights properly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Toyota 4Runner?
Now let’s go forward to the part you’re probably most considering in this content page, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Toyota 4Runner? Now that you have realized the interest of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is particularly basic, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your car, check the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Toyota 4Runner.
- Place your car on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Toyota 4Runner), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Toyota 4Runner and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this mark, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally placed above your fog lights, you should find them very easily, they will be more or less accessible determined by the year and the options of your Toyota 4Runner)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Toyota 4Runner, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t hesitate to consult our content page on how to adjust the low beam lights on Toyota 4Runner if you want to check their lighting level.
To discover more tips on the Toyota 4Runner, take a look at the Toyota 4Runner category.