Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, most commonly, we are happy having fog lights on your automobile. Nevertheless, they can once in a while be out of adjustment or you may find that they are too high or too low. That’s why we had written this article content to demonstrate to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Suzuki Swift?. To make this happen, first, we will discover what is the point of adjusting the fog lights of his car, then, in a second section, how to adjust the fog lights of your Suzuki Swift.
Why is it crucial to adjust the front fog lights of your Suzuki Swift?
So we will start our article content with the importance of setting the fog lights to Suzuki Swift. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not obligatory on an Suzuki Swift, permits you to greatly improve your visibility. However, it is exclusively permitted outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Suzuki Swift allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they provide. Additionally, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will inevitably bother the car owners you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore important, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Suzuki Swift?
Now let’s go forward to the portion you’re most likely most focused on in this article content, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Suzuki Swift? Now that you have realized the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is really simple, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your car, check the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Suzuki Swift.
- Place your car on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Suzuki Swift), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Suzuki Swift and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this mark, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally found above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less reachable according to the year and the options of your Suzuki Swift)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Suzuki Swift, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to consult our article content on how to adjust the low beam lights on Suzuki Swift if you want to check their lighting level.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Suzuki Swift, do not hesitate to consult our Suzuki Swift category.