Whether there are showers, foggy or snowing, in most cases, we kind of enjoy being eqquiped of fog lights on your automobile. However, they can once in a while be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are too high or too low. That’s why we had written this content page to teach you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your seat cordoba?. To get this done, first, we will see what is the purpose of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in an extra step, how to adjust the fog lights of your seat cordoba.
Why is it necessary to adjust the front fog lights of your seat cordoba?
So we will begin our content page with the interest of adjusting the fog lights to seat cordoba. Nevertheless some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to change their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not mandatory on an seat cordoba, permits you to greatly boost your visibility. However, it is only authorized outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its seat cordoba allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they offer. Moreover, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will inevitably disturb the drivers you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore important, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights correctly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your seat cordoba?
Now let’s go forward to the part you’re most likely most interested in in this content page, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your seat cordoba? Now that you have understood the interest of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is particularly easy, here are a few things to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, verify the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your seat cordoba.
- Place your vehicle on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your seat cordoba), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your seat cordoba and check that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this point, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally placed above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less accessible determined by the year and the options of your seat cordoba)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your seat cordoba, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to consult our content page on how to adjust the low beam lights on seat cordoba if you want to verify their lighting level.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the seat cordoba, do not hesitate to consult our seat cordoba category.