Whether there are showers, foggy or snowing, generally speaking, it’s usefull having fog lights on your vehicle. However, they can in some instances be out of adjustment or you may find that they are too high or too low. That’s explanation why we had written this content page to show you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Peugeot 806?. To do this, first, we will see what is the meaning of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in an additional step, how to adjust the fog lights of your Peugeot 806.
Why is it essential to adjust the front fog lights of your Peugeot 806?
So we will begin our content page with the importance of setting the fog lights to Peugeot 806. Even though some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This devices, which is not mandatory on an Peugeot 806, allows you to greatly improve your visibility. However, it is exclusively permitted outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Peugeot 806 allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they offer. Moreover, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will surely disturb the car owners you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore important, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights properly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Peugeot 806?
Now let’s move on to the portion you’re most likely most interested in in this content page, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Peugeot 806? Now that you have realized the interest of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is extremely basic, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, verify the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Peugeot 806.
- Place your automobile on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Peugeot 806), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Peugeot 806 and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this trace, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less reachable according to the year and the options of your Peugeot 806)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Peugeot 806, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t think twice to consult our content page on how to adjust the low beam lights on Peugeot 806 if you want to verify their lighting level.
If you wish more tutorials on the Peugeot 806, go to our Peugeot 806 category.