Whether there are showers, foggy or snowing, most of the time, it’s usefull being eqquiped of fog lights on your car. However, they can once in a while be out of adjustment or you may find that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s why we composed this content page to explain to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Mercedes Benz M Class?. To accomplish this, first, we will discover what is the benefit of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in an extra part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Mercedes Benz M Class.
Why is it useful to adjust the front fog lights of your Mercedes Benz M Class?
So we will start our content page with the point of setting the fog lights to Mercedes Benz M Class. Nevertheless some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to change their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This devices, which is not obligatory on an Mercedes Benz M Class, allows you to greatly boost your visibility. However, it is only allowed outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Mercedes Benz M Class allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they provide. Moreover, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will surely affect the drivers you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore crucial, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Mercedes Benz M Class?
Now let’s go forward to the part you’re probably most interested in in this content page, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Mercedes Benz M Class? Now that you have understood the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is specifically basic, here are a few things to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, verify the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Mercedes Benz M Class.
- Place your automobile on a flat floor with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Mercedes Benz M Class), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Mercedes Benz M Class and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this point, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally placed above your fog lights, you should find them quickly, they will be more or less accessible depending on the year and the options of your Mercedes Benz M Class)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Mercedes Benz M Class, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to consult our content page on how to adjust the low beam lights on Mercedes Benz M Class if you want to verify their lighting level.
To get more tips on the Mercedes Benz M Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz M Class category.