Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, most of the time, it’s usefull being eqquiped of fog lights on your car. But, they can in some cases be out of adjustment or you may feel that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s explanation why we had written this article content to explain to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Mazda CX 5?. To do this, first, we will see what is the purpose of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in an additional part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Mazda CX 5.
Why is it useful to adjust the front fog lights of your Mazda CX 5?
So we will begin our article content with the advantage of adjusting the fog lights to Mazda CX 5. Even though some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not obligatory on an Mazda CX 5, enables you to greatly improve your visibility. However, it is exclusively permitted outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Mazda CX 5 allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they offer. Additionally, fog lights that are not correctly adjusted will undoubtedly disturb the drivers you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore essential, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Mazda CX 5?
Now let’s go forward to the portion you’re most likely most interested in in this article content, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Mazda CX 5? Now that you have understood the interest of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is extremely basic, here are a few things to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, check the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Mazda CX 5.
- Place your vehicle on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Mazda CX 5), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Mazda CX 5 and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this mark, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less reachable determined by the year and the options of your Mazda CX 5)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Mazda CX 5, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t think twice to consult our article content on how to adjust the low beam lights on Mazda CX 5 if you want to check their lighting level.
If you have any further questions about the Mazda CX 5, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda CX 5 category.