Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, in general, it’s usefull having fog lights on your car. Nevertheless, they can sometimes be out of adjustment or you may find that they are too high or too low. That’s the reasons we composed this content page to explain to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Hyundai Santa Fe?. To achieve this, first, we will discover what is the point of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in an additional step, how to adjust the fog lights of your Hyundai Santa Fe.
Why is it important to adjust the front fog lights of your Hyundai Santa Fe?
So we will begin our content page with the interest of setting the fog lights to Hyundai Santa Fe. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This devices, which is not obligatory on an Hyundai Santa Fe, permits you to greatly increase your visibility. However, it is only allowed outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Hyundai Santa Fe allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they provide. Furthermore, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will undoubtedly bother the car owners you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore necessary, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights properly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Hyundai Santa Fe?
Now let’s go forward to the portion you’re almost certainly most focused on in this content page, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Hyundai Santa Fe? Now that you have realized the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is really basic, here are a few simple steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, verify the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Hyundai Santa Fe.
- Place your vehicle on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Hyundai Santa Fe), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Hyundai Santa Fe and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this mark, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them very easily, they will be more or less reachable according to the year and the options of your Hyundai Santa Fe)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Hyundai Santa Fe, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to read our content page on how to adjust the low beam lights on Hyundai Santa Fe if you want to verify their lighting level.
To get more tips on the Hyundai Santa Fe, take a look at the Hyundai Santa Fe category.