Whether there are showers, foggy or snowing, in general, we are happy having fog lights on your automobile. However, they can in some instances be out of adjustment or you may feel that they are too high or too low. That’s why we had written this article content to explain to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Hyundai Ioniq?. To achieve this, first, we will see what is the meaning of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in a second section, how to adjust the fog lights of your Hyundai Ioniq.
Why is it important to adjust the front fog lights of your Hyundai Ioniq?
So we will start our article content with the advantage of setting the fog lights to Hyundai Ioniq. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they light up more or less high. This equipment, which is not obligatory on an Hyundai Ioniq, allows you to greatly enhance your visibility. However, it is exclusively permitted outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Hyundai Ioniq allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they offer. In addition, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will undoubtedly disturb the drivers you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore important, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights correctly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Hyundai Ioniq?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re almost certainly most considering in this article content, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Hyundai Ioniq? Now that you have understood the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is particularly simple, here are a few steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, verify the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Hyundai Ioniq.
- Place your vehicle on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Hyundai Ioniq), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Hyundai Ioniq and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this point, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them quickly, they will be more or less accessible determined by the year and the options of your Hyundai Ioniq)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Hyundai Ioniq, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t hesitate to read our article content on how to adjust the low beam lights on Hyundai Ioniq if you want to verify their lighting level.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Hyundai Ioniq, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Ioniq category.