Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, in general, it’s usefull being eqquiped of fog lights on your motor vehicle. Nevertheless, they can sometimes be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s for what reason we wrote this short post to explain to you how to adjust the fog lights on your hyundai i10?. To get this done, first, we will see what is the point of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in an additional step, how to adjust the fog lights of your hyundai i10.
Why is it necessary to adjust the front fog lights of your hyundai i10?
So we will commence our short post with the point of setting the fog lights to hyundai i10. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not mandatory on an hyundai i10, permits you to greatly boost your visibility. However, it is only permitted outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its hyundai i10 allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they offer. Additionally, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will inevitably disturb the car owners you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore fundamental, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights properly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your hyundai i10?
Now let’s go forward to the part you’re probably most considering in this short post, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your hyundai i10? Now that you have understood the interest of this adjustment, which may seem trivial, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is specifically simple, here are a few steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, verify the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your hyundai i10.
- Place your automobile on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your hyundai i10), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your hyundai i10 and check that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this point, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less accessible determined by the year and the options of your hyundai i10)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your hyundai i10, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to consult our short post on how to adjust the low beam lights on hyundai i10 if you want to verify their lighting level.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the hyundai i10, do not hesitate to consult our hyundai i10 category.