Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, in general, it’s usefull being eqquiped of fog lights on your motor vehicle. However, they can in some instances be out of adjustment or you may feel that they are too high or too low. That’s why we had written this article content to teach you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Honda Pilot?. To make this happen, first, we will see what is the benefit of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in an additional part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Honda Pilot.
Why is it necessary to adjust the front fog lights of your Honda Pilot?
So we will start our article content with the importance of adjusting the fog lights to Honda Pilot. Nevertheless some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they light up more or less high. This devices, which is not mandatory on an Honda Pilot, permits you to greatly increase your visibility. However, it is only authorized outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Honda Pilot allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they provide. In addition, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will inevitably bother the drivers you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore crucial, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights properly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Honda Pilot?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re most likely most enthusiastic about in this article content, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Honda Pilot? Now that you have understood the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem trivial, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is specifically basic, here are a few things to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, check the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Honda Pilot.
- Place your vehicle on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Honda Pilot), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Honda Pilot and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this mark, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally found above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less reachable determined by the year and the options of your Honda Pilot)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Honda Pilot, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t hesitate to consult our article content on how to adjust the low beam lights on Honda Pilot if you want to check their lighting level.
If you have any additional questions about the Honda Pilot, do not hesitate to consult our Honda Pilot category.