Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, generally speaking, we kind of enjoy being eqquiped of fog lights on your motor vehicle. However, they can sometimes be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are too high or too low. That’s explanation why we had written this article to demonstrate to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Ford S-max 2?. To achieve this, first, we will discover what is the purpose of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in a second part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Ford S-max 2.
Why is it important to adjust the front fog lights of your Ford S-max 2?
So we will commence our article with the point of setting the fog lights to Ford S-max 2. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not obligatory on an Ford S-max 2, allows you to greatly enhance your visibility. However, it is exclusively authorized outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Ford S-max 2 allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they give. In addition, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will undoubtedly disturb the drivers you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore important, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights correctly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Ford S-max 2?
Now let’s move on to the portion you’re almost certainly most interested in in this article, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Ford S-max 2? Now that you have realized the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem trivial, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is particularly basic, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, verify the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Ford S-max 2.
- Place your automobile on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Ford S-max 2), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Ford S-max 2 and check that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this point, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them quickly, they will be more or less accessible depending on the year and the options of your Ford S-max 2)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Ford S-max 2, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to read our article on how to adjust the low beam lights on Ford S-max 2 if you want to verify their lighting level.
To discover more tips on the Ford S-max 2, take a look at the Ford S-max 2 category.