Whether there are showers, foggy or snowing, in most cases, it’s usefull having fog lights on your vehicle. But, they can once in a while be out of adjustment or you may find that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s for what reason we composed this content page to demonstrate to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Ford F 550?. To make this happen, first, we will see what is the meaning of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in an extra step, how to adjust the fog lights of your Ford F 550.
Why is it necessary to adjust the front fog lights of your Ford F 550?
So we will commence our content page with the advantage of adjusting the fog lights to Ford F 550. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to change their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not mandatory on an Ford F 550, enables you to greatly enhance your visibility. However, it is exclusively allowed outside built-up spaces in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Ford F 550 allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they provide. In addition, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will surely affect the drivers you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore important, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Ford F 550?
Now let’s go forward to the part you’re most likely most interested in in this content page, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Ford F 550? Now that you have understood the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is particularly easy, here are a few steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, check the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Ford F 550.
- Place your vehicle on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Ford F 550), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Ford F 550 and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this point, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally found above your fog lights, you should find them quickly, they will be more or less accessible according to the year and the options of your Ford F 550)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Ford F 550, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t hesitate to consult our content page on how to adjust the low beam lights on Ford F 550 if you want to check their lighting level.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Ford F 550, do not hesitate to consult our Ford F 550 category.