Whether there are showers, foggy or snowing, most of the time, it’s usefull having fog lights on your car. But, they can sometimes be out of adjustment or you may find that they are too high or too low. That’s the key reason why we published this article content to show you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Dodge Journey?. To do this, first, we will discover what is the benefit of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in an additional section, how to adjust the fog lights of your Dodge Journey.
Why is it essential to adjust the front fog lights of your Dodge Journey?
So we will start our article content with the benefit of setting the fog lights to Dodge Journey. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to change their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This devices, which is not obligatory on an Dodge Journey, permits you to greatly increase your visibility. However, it is exclusively allowed outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Dodge Journey allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they provide. Additionally, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will undoubtedly disturb the car owners you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore essential, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Dodge Journey?
Now let’s go forward to the portion you’re most likely most interested in in this article content, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Dodge Journey? Now that you have understood the interest of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is specifically basic, here are a few simple steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, check the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Dodge Journey.
- Place your automobile on a flat floor with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Dodge Journey), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Dodge Journey and check that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this point, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less reachable according to the year and the options of your Dodge Journey)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Dodge Journey, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t hesitate to read our article content on how to adjust the low beam lights on Dodge Journey if you want to check their lighting level.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Dodge Journey, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Journey category.