Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, generally, we kind of enjoy being eqquiped of fog lights on your motor vehicle. But, they can in some instances be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are too high or too low. That’s for what reason we wrote this article to show you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Chevrolet Sonic?. To make this happen, first, we will see what is the meaning of adjusting the fog lights of his car, then, in another section, how to adjust the fog lights of your Chevrolet Sonic.
Why is it essential to adjust the front fog lights of your Chevrolet Sonic?
So we will begin our article with the interest of setting the fog lights to Chevrolet Sonic. Nevertheless some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to change their setting so that they light up more or less high. This devices, which is not obligatory on an Chevrolet Sonic, enables you to greatly boost your visibility. However, it is only permitted outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Chevrolet Sonic allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they offer. In addition, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will surely bother the drivers you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore important, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Chevrolet Sonic?
Now let’s go forward to the part you’re probably most enthusiastic about in this article, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Chevrolet Sonic? Now that you have understood the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is specifically basic, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your car, verify the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Chevrolet Sonic.
- Place your car on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, ideally between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Chevrolet Sonic), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Chevrolet Sonic and check that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this mark, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally found above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less accessible depending on the year and the options of your Chevrolet Sonic)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Chevrolet Sonic, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t think twice to read our article on how to adjust the low beam lights on Chevrolet Sonic if you want to verify their lighting level.
If you want more tutorials on the Chevrolet Sonic, go to our Chevrolet Sonic category.