Whether there are showers, foggy or snowing, in most cases, we kind of enjoy having fog lights on your motor vehicle. Nevertheless, they can occasionally be out of adjustment or you may feel that they are too high or too low. That’s the reasons we wrote this article content to show you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Chevrolet Malibu?. To achieve this, first, we will see what is the reason of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in another step, how to adjust the fog lights of your Chevrolet Malibu.
Why is it crucial to adjust the front fog lights of your Chevrolet Malibu?
So we will start our article content with the point of adjusting the fog lights to Chevrolet Malibu. Nevertheless some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to change their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This devices, which is not mandatory on an Chevrolet Malibu, permits you to greatly enhance your visibility. However, it is only permitted outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its Chevrolet Malibu allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they provide. Furthermore, fog lights that are not correctly adjusted will inevitably affect the car owners you pass and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore important, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights correctly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Chevrolet Malibu?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re probably most enthusiastic about in this article content, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Chevrolet Malibu? Now that you have understood the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem trivial, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is specifically basic, here are a few things to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, verify the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Chevrolet Malibu.
- Place your vehicle on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Chevrolet Malibu), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your Chevrolet Malibu and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this mark, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally located above your fog lights, you should find them very easily, they will be more or less accessible determined by the year and the options of your Chevrolet Malibu)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Chevrolet Malibu, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to consult our article content on how to adjust the low beam lights on Chevrolet Malibu if you want to verify their lighting level.
If you want more tutorials on the Chevrolet Malibu, go to our Chevrolet Malibu category.