Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, generally speaking, we kind of enjoy having fog lights on your motor vehicle. But, they can occasionally be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s why we published this short post to show you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Cadillac XT5?. To achieve this, first, we will discover what is the point of adjusting the fog lights of his automobile, then, in an extra part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Cadillac XT5.
Why is it useful to adjust the front fog lights of your Cadillac XT5?
So we will begin our short post with the advantage of setting the fog lights to Cadillac XT5. Even though some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not mandatory on an Cadillac XT5, permits you to greatly enhance your visibility. However, it is exclusively allowed outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Cadillac XT5 allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they give. Furthermore, fog lights that are not effectively adjusted will undoubtedly bother the car owners you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore necessary, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Cadillac XT5?
Now let’s go forward to the part you’re probably most considering in this short post, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Cadillac XT5? Now that you have realized the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is specifically basic, here are a few steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your automobile, check the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Cadillac XT5.
- Place your automobile on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Cadillac XT5), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Cadillac XT5 and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this mark, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally found above your fog lights, you should find them easily, they will be more or less reachable determined by the year and the options of your Cadillac XT5)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Cadillac XT5, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to consult our short post on how to adjust the low beam lights on Cadillac XT5 if you want to check their lighting level.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Cadillac XT5, do not hesitate to consult our Cadillac XT5 category.