Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, most of the time, you appreciate having fog lights on your motor vehicle. Nevertheless, they can in some instances be out of adjustment or you may feel that they are too high or too low. That’s for what reason we published this content page to show you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your BMW X4?. To achieve this, first, we will discover what is the meaning of adjusting the fog lights of his car, then, in an additional part, how to adjust the fog lights of your BMW X4.
Why is it beneficial to adjust the front fog lights of your BMW X4?
So we will start our content page with the benefit of setting the fog lights to BMW X4. Even though some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not obligatory on an BMW X4, permits you to greatly improve your visibility. However, it is exclusively authorized outside built-up areas in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its BMW X4 allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they give. In addition, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will surely affect the car owners you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore essential, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights properly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your BMW X4?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re almost certainly most interested in in this content page, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your BMW X4? Now that you have realized the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem unimportant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is particularly basic, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your car, check the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your BMW X4.
- Place your car on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the height from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your BMW X4), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your BMW X4 and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this mark, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally placed above your fog lights, you should find them quickly, they will be more or less reachable according to the year and the options of your BMW X4)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your BMW X4, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to consult our content page on how to adjust the low beam lights on BMW X4 if you want to check their lighting level.
To find more tips on the BMW X4, take a look at the BMW X4 category.