Whether it’s raining, foggy or snowing, generally, you appreciate being eqquiped of fog lights on your car. Nevertheless, they can occasionally be out of adjustment or you may consider that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s the reasons we composed this article to demonstrate to you how to adjust the fog lights on your BMW X3?. To accomplish this, first, we will discover what is the meaning of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in an additional section, how to adjust the fog lights of your BMW X3.
Why is it essential to adjust the front fog lights of your BMW X3?
So we will commence our article with the point of adjusting the fog lights to BMW X3. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the possibility to modify their setting so that they light up more or less high. This devices, which is not obligatory on an BMW X3, permits you to greatly enhance your visibility. However, it is only allowed outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having a perfect setting of the fog lights of its BMW X3 allows you not to blind and to increase the gain in visibility that they give. In addition, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will undoubtedly affect the car owners you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore important, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights properly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your BMW X3?
Now let’s move on to the portion you’re probably most interested in in this article, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your BMW X3? Now that you have realized the interest of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is extremely basic, here are a few techniques to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, verify the pressure of your tires and, set only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your BMW X3.
- Place your vehicle on a flat surface with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your BMW X3), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and mark it with a construction tape for example.
- Switch on the fog lights on your BMW X3 and verify that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they illuminate higher than this trace, through the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally found above your fog lights, you should find them very easily, they will be more or less accessible determined by the year and the options of your BMW X3)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your BMW X3, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that they are not anymore illuminating properly, don’t think twice to consult our article on how to adjust the low beam lights on BMW X3 if you want to verify their lighting level.
To discover more tips on the BMW X3, take a look at the BMW X3 category.