Whether there are showers, foggy or snowing, in most cases, it’s usefull being eqquiped of fog lights on your vehicle. But, they can sometimes be out of adjustment or you may find that they are adjust too high or too low. That’s for what reason we had written this article to show you to you how to adjust the fog lights on your Audi A7?. To make this happen, first, we will see what is the meaning of adjusting the fog lights of his vehicle, then, in another part, how to adjust the fog lights of your Audi A7.
Why is it important to adjust the front fog lights of your Audi A7?
So we will commence our article with the importance of adjusting the fog lights to Audi A7. Although some fog lights are not set and are set at the factory, you have the opportunity to change their setting so that they illuminate more or less high. This gear, which is not mandatory on an Audi A7, allows you to greatly improve your visibility. However, it is exclusively permitted outside built-up sectors in addition to the high beam, or in heavy rain, snow or fog.
Having an optimal setting of the fog lights of its Audi A7 allows you not to blind and to maximise the gain in visibility that they give. In addition, fog lights that are not properly adjusted will undoubtedly affect the drivers you cross and may increase the risk of an accident. It is therefore necessary, both for you and other users, that you have your fog lights perfectly adjusted.
How to adjust the fog lights of your Audi A7?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re probably most enthusiastic about in this article, namely how to adjust the fog lights on your Audi A7? Now that you have understood the advantage of this adjustment, which may seem insignificant, let’s move on to the practical part.
Adjusting the fog lights is extremely simple, here are a few simple steps to follow to do it optimally:
- Empty your vehicle, verify the pressure of your tires and, place only one person (about 70kg) in the driver’s seat which will simulate an empty weight of your Audi A7.
- Place your vehicle on a flat area with a clean wall in front of you, preferably between 5 and 10 meters from it.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the top of your fog lamp (on your Audi A7), write this distance on the wall in front of your car and tag it with a construction tape for example.
- Turn on the fog lights on your Audi A7 and control that the beam of the lights is less than or equal to the mark you just marked on the wall.
- If they light higher than this mark, throughout the engine compartment you will have to use the adjustment screws to lower the lighting of your fog lights (these screws are generally placed above your fog lights, you should find them very easily, they will be more or less reachable according to the year and the options of your Audi A7)
Now you know how to adjust the fog lights on your Audi A7, don’t forget to check it from time to time if you have the impression that it has moved, don’t hesitate to consult our article on how to adjust the low beam lights on Audi A7 if you want to verify their lighting level.
If you need more guides on the Audi A7, go to our Audi A7 category.