In this specific article, we will try to help you to eliminate all the issues you might face around your car’s rims. And, mainly, how to remove the rim of a Volkswagen Polo 4? Whether you need to replace a flat tyre, or you need to change your tires, you will discover all the required informations reading this page. To achieve this, we’ll see first how to remove the tire from a car rim, then, in a second step, how to remove a stuck rim on a Volkswagen Polo 4, then, how to remove flat rim from its Volkswagen Polo 4 to put the spare tire, and, finally, how to unblock the stuck bolts of a rim.
How to remove the tire from the rim of a Volkswagen Polo 4?
So we begin our article content by explaining how to replace a car tire. You may have made a good deal by buying your tires on the internet, however it is quite complicated to find professionals, car centers that will agree to mount tires of your Volkswagen Polo 4bought in another place than in their commercial enterprise. The question of wanting to mount them alone is therefore more than respectable.
It is technically possible with a lot of strength and a crowbar to replace the tires of your Volkswagen Polo 4 alone, however, even if you manage to take off both sidewalls of the tire, to loosen it, and to put the new tire back on, you won’t be able to balance the tire if you dont have the specific tools, if you don’t do it, your tires will loose a lot of lifetime. Bear in mind that oftentimes the installation and balancing price ranges only about twenty euros. If you wish to buy tyres on the internet to take advantage of a preferential price, take a good look, many of dealers provide the fitting at a partner car centre totally free.
How to remove a rim stuck to its hub on a Volkswagen Polo 4?
We now go forward to the part you are obviously most interested in, namely, how to remove the rim of a Volkswagen Polo 4 stuck to its hub, and more specifically, the rather classic case of a rim that hasn’t been removed for several years and that due to rust stuck to the hub of your wheel. In reality, it happens to a good number of drivers to find themselves in this situation and not knowing what you can do. This can be particularly annoying if you have a flat tire and need to replace the rim on your Volkswagen Polo 4. Here are the different possibilities available to you:
- If you have some accessible, after lifting your car, and if possible on candles, and then taking away the rim nuts, use some anti-seize agent which you put in into the holes of the nuts and let it to operate for approximately ten minutes. Following that, try again to remove the rim from your Volkswagen Polo 4.
- Use muscle : Despite the fact it is rarely the best choice, in this kind of case you are facing solid pieces that do not risk much, and with the help of a mallet and a wooden wedge you can hit the side of the rim of your Volkswagen Polo 4 and this might unlock it and allow you to remove it.
- Baste the junction between your rim of rust proof hub and wait some hours before making an attempt to unblock it again.
How to remove the rim of a Volkswagen Polo 4 to replace its punctured wheel and replace it with the spare wheel?
We are at this time going to explain you the most common procedure but that everybody doesn’t know, how to remove the rim from its place if you have a puncture tyre and you want to change it by the spare wheel? This method is not complicated, here are the several steps to respect:
- Stay out of traffic so as not to endanger yourself.
- Set your Volkswagen Polo 4 on a flat surface.
- Put on the hand brake and engage first gear.
- If you don’t know where the jack of your Volkswagen Polo 4 is, don’t hesitate to have look at our article to learn you where is it located.
- Before jacking up your car, unlock the rim bolts to ensure that you don’t force your transmission once lifted
- Lift up your Volkswagen Polo 4 with the jack and finish unscrewing the rim nuts of your car.
- Take the flat rim off your Volkswagen Polo 4.
- Put on the spare wheel, position the bolts, tighten them all by hand, in a balanced way before putting the car back on the road.
- Finish tightening the nuts with the socket wrench
How do you remove the stuck nuts from the rim of a Volkswagen Polo 4?
Last part of our article, it may happen that to remove the rim of your Volkswagen Polo 4 you have to deal with stuck nuts. In such a case, you will have more or less the same possibilities for the case of a rim stuck against the wheel hub. The best option will be to use anti-rust lubricant or anti-rust lubricant and allow it work for a bit of time before unlocking the nuts. Another option, search for, some exist on batteries of electric shock wrenches they generate a much higher torque than your arm plus the socket wrench, and will help you to unlock the nuts.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Polo 4, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Polo 4 category.