In this specific article, we want to support you resolve all the issues you could face around your car’s rims. And, mainly, how to remove the rim of a Fiat Punto Evo? Whether you wish to replace a flat wheel, or you wish to replace your tires, you will learn all the required infos reading this page. To accomplish this, we’ll see first how to remove the tire from a car rim, then, in a second step, how to remove a stuck rim on a Fiat Punto Evo, after that, how to remove flat rim from its Fiat Punto Evo to put the spare tire, and, at last, how to unblock the stuck nuts of a rim.
How to remove the tire from the rim of a Fiat Punto Evo?
So we start our article by detailing how to replace a car tire. You may have made a good deal by buying your tires on the internet, however it is quite complicated to find professionals, car centers that will agree to install tires of your Fiat Punto Evopurchased elsewhere than in their commercial enterprise. The question of looking to install them without help is therefore more than legitimate.
It is theoretically plausible with a lot of force and a crowbar to replace the tires of your Fiat Punto Evo on your own, however, whether or not you manage to take off both sidewalls of the tire, to loosen it, and to put the new tire back on, you won’t be able to balance the tire if you dont have the specific tools, and without it your tires will wear out prematurely. Take notice that oftentimes the installation and balancing costs only about twenty euros. Whenever you prefer to buy tyres on the internet to benefit of a preferential pricing, take a good look, a good number of suppliers will offer you the fitting at a partner car centre absolutely free.
How to remove a rim stuck to its hub on a Fiat Punto Evo?
We now go forward to the part you are clearly most focused on, namely, how to remove the rim of a Fiat Punto Evo stuck to its hub, and more specifically, the rather classic circumstance of a rim that hasn’t been removed for several years and that because of rust stuck to the hub of your wheel. Indeed, it occurs to many motorists to find themselves in this situation and not knowing what to do. This can be particularly annoying in the case you have a flat tire and need to replace the rim on your Fiat Punto Evo. Here are the different solutions available to you:
- If perhaps you have some around, after lifting your car, and when possible on candles, and then extracting the rim nuts, use some anti-seize agent which you inject inside the holes of the nuts and leave it to work for approximately ten minutes. After that, try again to remove the rim from your Fiat Punto Evo.
- Use power : Despite the fact it is pretty much never the best alternative, in this kind of circumstance you are facing solid pieces that do not risk much, and with the help of a mallet and a wooden wedge you can hit the side of the rim of your Fiat Punto Evo and this should unlock it and allow you to remove it.
- Baste the junction between your rim of rust proof hub and wait a couple of hours before trying to unblock it once again.
How to remove the rim of a Fiat Punto Evo to replace its flat tire and replace it with the spare wheel?
We are now going to describe you the most common technique but that everybody doesn’t know, how to remove the rim from its place if you have a puncture tyre and you want to replace it by the spare wheel? This procedure is not difficult, here are the several steps to respect:
- Stay out of traffic so as not to endanger yourself.
- Set your Fiat Punto Evo on a flat surface.
- Put on the hand brake and engage first gear.
- If it turns out you don’t know where the jack of your Fiat Punto Evo is, please have look at our article to help you to locate it.
- Before lifting your vehicle, unlock the rim nuts to ensure that you don’t force your transmission once lifted
- Lift up your Fiat Punto Evo with the jack and finish unscrewing the rim nuts of your motor vehicle.
- Remove the flat tire of your Fiat Punto Evo.
- Put on the spare wheel, put on the nuts, tighten them all by hand, in a balanced way before putting the car back on the road.
- Complete tightening the nuts with the socket wrench
How do you remove the stuck nuts from the rim of a Fiat Punto Evo?
To finish , it can happen that to remove the rim of your Fiat Punto Evo you have to deal with stuck nuts. In such a case, you will have approximately the same solutions for the circumstance of a rim stuck against the wheel hub. The best alternative will be to use anti-rust lubricant or anti-rust lubricant and let it work for few moments before unlocking the nuts. Another possibility, try to look for, some exist on batteries of electric shock wrenches they generate a much higher torque than your arm plus the socket wrench, and will help you to unlock the nuts.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Fiat Punto Evo, do not hesitate to consult our Fiat Punto Evo category.