In this post, we will try to support you clear up all the problems you may come across about your car’s rims. And, especially, how to remove the rim of a Citroen C3? Whether you wish to replace a flat wheel, or you wish to replace your tires, you will discover all the required infos reading this page. To do so, we’ll see first how to remove the tire from a car rim, then, in a second part, how to remove a stuck rim on a Citroen C3, then, how to remove flat rim from its Citroen C3 to put the spare tire, and, finally, how to unblock the stuck bolts of a rim.
How to remove the tire from the rim of a Citroen C3?
So we start our article content by explicating how to replace a car tire. You may have made a good deal by buying your tires on the internet, however it is quite difficult to manage to find professionals, car centers which will agree to mount tires of your Citroen C3purchased in another place than in their commercial enterprise. The question of seeking to mount them without hiring somebody is therefore more than legitimate.
It is theoretically possible with a lot of force and a crowbar to replace the tires of your Citroen C3 without help, however, even if you succed to take off both sidewalls of the tire, to loosen it, and to put the new tire back on, you won’t be able to balance the tire if you dont have the specific tools, and without it your tires will wear out prematurely. Take note that frequently the installation and balancing price ranges only about twenty euros. Whenever you prefer to purchase tyres on the internet to take advantage of a preferential pricing, take a good look, many of dealers will offer you the fitting at a partner car centre cost-free.
How to remove a rim stuck to its hub on a Citroen C3?
We now go forward to the part you are obviously most focused on, namely, how to remove the rim of a Citroen C3 stuck to its hub, and more specifically, the rather typical circumstance of a rim that hasn’t been removed for quite a while and that due to rust stuck to the hub of your wheel. In reality, it happens to a large number of drivers to find themselves in this situation and not knowing where to start. This can be specifically annoying if you have a flat tire and need to replace the rim on your Citroen C3. Here are the different solutions available to you:
- If perhaps you have some with you, after lifting your car, and if possible on candles, and then removing the rim nuts, use some anti-seize agent which you inject inside the holes of the nuts and leave it to work for about ten minutes. Following that, try again to remove the rim from your Citroen C3.
- Use power : Despite the fact it is not usually the best choice, in this kind of circumstance you are facing solid pieces that do not risk much, and with the help of a mallet and a wooden wedge you can hit the side of the rim of your Citroen C3 and this should unlock it and allow you to remove it.
- Baste the junction between your rim of rust proof hub and wait a couple of hours before trying to unblock it once again.
How to remove the rim of a Citroen C3 to replace its flat tire and replace it with the spare wheel?
We are at the moment going to demonstrate you the most common method but that everybody doesn’t know, how to remove the rim from its place if you have a puncture tyre and you wish to replace it by the spare wheel? This procedure is not difficult, here are the several steps to respect:
- Stay out of traffic so as not to put at risk yourself.
- Set your Citroen C3 on a flat surface.
- Put on the hand brake and shift into first gear.
- If you don’t know where the jack of your Citroen C3 is, please consult our article to learn you where is it located.
- Before jacking up your vehicle, unlock the rim bolts to ensure you won’t give too much stress to your transmission before lifting it
- Lift your Citroen C3 with the jack and finish unscrewing the rim nuts of your motor vehicle.
- Remove the flat tire of your Citroen C3.
- Placed on the spare wheel, put on the bolts, tighten them all by hand, in a balanced way before putting the car back on the road.
- End tightening the nuts with the socket wrench
How do you remove the stuck nuts from the rim of a Citroen C3?
Finally, it may happen that to remove the rim of your Citroen C3 you have to deal with stuck nuts. In this case, you will have more or less the same solutions for the circumstance of a rim stuck against the wheel hub. The best solution will be to use anti-rust lubricant or anti-rust lubricant and allow it work for few moments before unlocking the nuts. Another choice, try to find, some exist on batteries of electric shock wrenches they generate a much higher torque than your arm plus the socket wrench, and will help you to unlock the nuts.
To find more tips on the Citroen C3, take a look at the Citroen C3 category.