In this post, we want to support you clear up all the problems you could encounter about your car’s rims. And, especially, how to remove the rim of a Alfa Romeo 156? Whether you wish to change a flat tyre, or you wish to change your tires, you will learn all the important informations reading this article. To do so, we’ll see first how to remove the tire from a car rim, then, in a second step, how to remove a stuck rim on a Alfa Romeo 156, then, how to remove flat rim from its Alfa Romeo 156 to put the spare tire, and, finally, how to unblock the stuck nuts of a rim.
How to remove the tire from the rim of a Alfa Romeo 156?
So we start our article content by explicating how to change a car tire. You maybe
bought your tire on a website, however it is quite complicated to manage to find mechanics, car centers which will consent to install tires of your Alfa Romeo 156bought in a different place than in their commercial enterprise. The question of wanting to install them yourself is therefore more than logical.
It is theoretically possible with a lot of strength and a crowbar to change the tires of your Alfa Romeo 156 yourself, however, regardless if you succed to take off both sidewalls of the tire, to loosen it, and to put the new tire back on, you won’t be able to balance the tire without the specific machine, if you don’t do it, your tires will loose a lot of lifetime. Take notice that generally the installation and balancing price ranges only about twenty euros. If you prefer to buy tyres on websites to benefit of a preferential pricing, take a good look, many of sellers include the fitting at a partner car centre free of charge.
How to remove a rim stuck to its hub on a Alfa Romeo 156?
We now go forward to the part you are obviously most focused on, namely, how to remove the rim of a Alfa Romeo 156 stuck to its hub, and more precisely, the rather basic circumstance of a rim that hasn’t been removed for quite a long time and that because of rust stuck to the hub of your wheel. In reality, it occurs to a large number of drivers to find themselves in this circumstance and not knowing where to start. This can be specifically annoying if it turns out you have a flat tire and need to change the rim on your Alfa Romeo 156. Here are the different solutions available to you:
- In the event you have some around, after lifting your car, and if possible on candles, and then getting rid of the rim nuts, use some anti-seize agent which you put in inside the holes of the nuts and let it to work for about ten minutes. After that, try again to remove the rim from your Alfa Romeo 156.
- Use power : Even though it is not usually the best solution, in this kind of circumstance you are facing solid pieces that do not risk much, and with the help of a mallet and a wooden wedge you can hit the side of the rim of your Alfa Romeo 156 and this might unlock it and allow you to remove it.
- Baste the junction between your rim of rust proof hub and wait a few hours before trying to unblock it again.
How to remove the rim of a Alfa Romeo 156 to change its flat tire and replace it with the spare wheel?
We are at this time going to describe you the most traditional procedure but that everybody doesn’t know, how to remove the rim from its place if you have a puncture tyre and you want to change it by the spare wheel? This operation is not difficult, here are the several steps to follow:
- Stay out of traffic so as not to endanger yourself.
- Set your Alfa Romeo 156 on a flat surface.
- Engage the hand brake and shift into first gear.
- If it turns out you don’t know where the jack of your Alfa Romeo 156 is, please have look at our article to help you to locate it.
- Before lifting your vehicle, unlock the rim nuts in order that you don’t force your transmission once lifted
- Lift your Alfa Romeo 156 with the jack and end unscrewing the rim nuts of your car.
- Take the flat rim off your Alfa Romeo 156.
- Placed on the spare wheel, position the nuts, tighten them all by hand, in a balanced way before putting the car back on the road.
- Finish tightening the nuts with the socket wrench
How do you remove the stuck nuts from the rim of a Alfa Romeo 156?
To finish , it may happen that to remove the rim of your Alfa Romeo 156 you have to deal with stuck nuts. In such a case, you will have approximately the same solutions for the circumstance of a rim stuck against the wheel hub. The best alternative will be to use anti-rust lubricant or anti-rust lubricant and let it work for several minutes before unlocking the nuts. Another possibility, try to find, some exist on batteries of electric shock wrenches they generate a much higher torque than your arm plus the socket wrench, and will help you to unlock the nuts.
To find more tips on the Alfa Romeo 156, take a look at the Alfa Romeo 156 category.