Car mirrors are one of the most essential security features that you must perpetually ensure are operating properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other motorists and your finances because you can be fined if you have a faulty side mirror. This is the case that interests us on this page, you have dealt with a crash, one of your mirrors is damaged and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Volvo S90? You are at the right spot, we will describe all the methods to help you change it accurately. First, we’ll take a look at what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your Volvo S90, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Volvo S90?
Let’s go, we begin this guidebook with the part that most certainly appeal you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Volvo S90? This operation is very simple and you should be able to do it on your own with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is in most cases clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure you unplug the power connector that you will see at the rear of the cover. To finish, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in most cases there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to enable you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Volvo S90. Make sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Volvo S90, you know now that it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Volvo S90?
In the event that you only want to change the window of the side mirror of your Volvo S90, you will first need to discern the sort of locking of your mirror. To achieve this, the quickest procedure is to check out the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to change the side mirror glass of your Volvo S90 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the least difficult system to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same and push it back right into place with force. To verify that it is perfectly positioned, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Volvo S90 you will need to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one included it with your new window, change it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the case of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and softly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well positioned by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Volvo S90, generally it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the mechanism.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse procedure to reattach it and check that it is perfectly placed.
If you need more guides on the Volvo S90, go to our Volvo S90 category.