Vehicle mirrors are one of the vital security features that you must constantly make certain are functioning properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other motorists and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a faulty side mirror. This is the case that interests us today, you have endured a crash, one of your side mirrors is ruined and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Volkswagen CC? You are at the right spot, we will highlight all the methods to help you replace it in the correct way. First of all, we’ll examine what attracts you on this site, how to change a complete side mirror on your Volkswagen CC, and then how to replace only the mirror glass.
How to replace a complete side mirror on my Volkswagen CC?
Let’s go, we commence this guide with the part that almost certainly concerns you the most, how to replace a side mirror on my Volkswagen CC? This process is quite simple and you should be able to do it on your own with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is in general clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure you unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, generally there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to let you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Volkswagen CC. Make sure keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to replace the side mirror of your Volkswagen CC, you see it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just replace the window of the side mirror of my Volkswagen CC?
If perhaps you just wish to replace the window of the side mirror of your Volkswagen CC, you will first of all need to determine the type of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the quickest strategy is to take a look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you wish to replace the side mirror glass of your Volkswagen CC and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the easiest device to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take out the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same and push it back in place with force. To verify that it is well installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to replace the side mirror glass of your Volkswagen CC you will have to find the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one supplied it with your new window, replace it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Stick to the positioning guide (notch) and carefully push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Volkswagen CC, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is well fixed.
If you wish more tutorials on the Volkswagen CC, go to our Volkswagen CC category.