Vehicle mirrors are one of the vital security features that you have to constantly make sure are working properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a faulty mirror. This is the case that interests us on this page, you have endured a collision, one of your mirrors is broken and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Vauxhall Corsa? You are at the right spot, we will detail all the guidelines to help you change it in the correct way. First of all, we’ll examine what attracts you on this site, how to change a complete side mirror on your Vauxhall Corsa, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Vauxhall Corsa?
Let’s go, we begin this guide with the part that certainly appeal you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Vauxhall Corsa? This process is fairly simple and you should be able to do it on your own with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to remove the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is usually clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure to unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. To finish, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in general there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to let you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Vauxhall Corsa. Remember to keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will just have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Vauxhall Corsa, you know now that it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Vauxhall Corsa?
In the event that you only wish to change the window of the side mirror of your Vauxhall Corsa, you will initially need to determine the type of locking of your mirror. To do this, the most basic technique is to examine the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you wish to change the side mirror glass of your Vauxhall Corsa and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the least difficult unit to remove. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to remove the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To check that it is perfectly installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Vauxhall Corsa you will need to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Remember to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one included it with your new window, replace it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Stick to the positioning guide (notch) and softly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Vauxhall Corsa, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the system.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is perfectly fixed.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Vauxhall Corsa, do not hesitate to consult our Vauxhall Corsa category.