Car mirrors are one of the vital security features that you have to constantly ensure that are operating correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your finances because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning mirror. This is the case we will focus on in this article, you have suffered a crash, one of your side mirrors is damaged and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Porsche Cayenne? You are at the right place, we will highlight all the methods to help you change it accurately. First, we’ll consider what attracts you in this article, how to change a complete side mirror on your Porsche Cayenne, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Porsche Cayenne?
Let’s go, we commence this guide with the part that most probably interests you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Porsche Cayenne? This process is very simple and you should be capable to do it on your own with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to take off the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is generally clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in most cases there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to enable you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Porsche Cayenne. Be sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to change the side mirror of your Porsche Cayenne, you know now that it wasn’t that difficult.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Porsche Cayenne?
In the event that you just want to change the window of the side mirror of your Porsche Cayenne, you will first of all need to discern the kind of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the quickest technique is to take a look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to change the side mirror glass of your Porsche Cayenne and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the least difficult system to take off. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take off the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same thing and push it back into place with force. To check that it is well situated, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Porsche Cayenne you will need to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Be sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one supplied it with your new window, change it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case there is defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and delicately push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well situated by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Porsche Cayenne, most of the time it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the mechanism.
- If your mirror is equipped with a defrosting system, do the reverse procedure to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
If you want more tutorials on the Porsche Cayenne, go to our Porsche Cayenne category.