Vehicle mirrors are one of the most essential security features that you have to perpetually ensure that are operating correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your finances because you can be fined if you have a faulty mirror. This is the case we will focus on in this article, you have experienced a collision, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Nissan Titan? You are at the best place, we will highlight all the steps to help you change it in the correct way. To begin, we’ll take a look at what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your Nissan Titan, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Nissan Titan?
Let’s go, we start this article with the part that probably interests you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Nissan Titan? This process is quite simple and you should be competent to do it yourself with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is in most cases clipped on the door. For power mirrors, be sure to unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, generally there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to let you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Nissan Titan. Make sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will only have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to change the side mirror of your Nissan Titan, you see it wasn’t that difficult.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Nissan Titan?
In the event you just want to change the window of the side mirror of your Nissan Titan, you will initially need to discern the sort of locking of your mirror. To achieve this, the easiest strategy is to have a look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to change the side mirror glass of your Nissan Titan and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the easiest unit to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same and push it back into place with force. To verify that it is perfectly installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Nissan Titan you will need to locate the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, replace it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case there is defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and smoothly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Examine that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Nissan Titan, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you less difficult access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is perfectly fixed.
To discover more tips on the Nissan Titan, take a look at the Nissan Titan category.