Vehicle mirrors are one of the most crucial safety features that you have to constantly make sure are operating correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other road users and your budget because you can be fined if you have a faulty side mirror. This is the case that interests us today, you have suffered a collision, one of your side mirrors is ruined and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Nissan Rogue? You are at the right spot, we will describe all the procedures to help you replace it in the right way. To begin, we’ll take a look at what attracts you on this site, how to change a complete side mirror on your Nissan Rogue, and then how to replace only the mirror glass.
How to replace a complete side mirror on my Nissan Rogue?
Let’s go, we start this guide with the part that almost certainly appeal you the most, how to replace a side mirror on my Nissan Rogue? This process is quite simple and you should be competent to do it without help with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to remove the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is usually clipped on the door. For power mirrors, remember to unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, generally there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to allow you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Nissan Rogue. Make sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to replace the side mirror of your Nissan Rogue, you know now that it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just replace the window of the side mirror of my Nissan Rogue?
In the event that you simply want to replace the window of the side mirror of your Nissan Rogue, you will first need to identify the kind of locking of your mirror. To do this, the least complicated procedure is to take a look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to replace the side mirror glass of your Nissan Rogue and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the least difficult system to remove. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to remove the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same and push it back into place with force. To verify that it is well positioned, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to replace the side mirror glass of your Nissan Rogue you will need to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, replace it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the event of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and carefully push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well positioned by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can uncover the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Nissan Rogue, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the system.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse procedure to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Nissan Rogue, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Rogue category.