Vehicle mirrors are one of the most vital security features that you must always make certain are working correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other road users and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a defective side mirror. This is the circumstance that interests us today, you have suffered a collision, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Nissan Altima? You are at the right spot, we will explain all the methods to help you replace it in the right way. First, we’ll take a look at what attracts you in this article, how to change a complete side mirror on your Nissan Altima, and then how to replace only the mirror glass.
How to replace a complete side mirror on my Nissan Altima?
Let’s go, we begin this guidebook with the part that most certainly appeal you the most, how to replace a side mirror on my Nissan Altima? This operation is quite simple and you should be competent to do it on your own with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to take off the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is generally clipped on the door. For power mirrors, be sure to unplug the power connector that you will see at the rear of the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, commonly there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to let you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Nissan Altima. Remember to keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will only have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to replace the side mirror of your Nissan Altima, you know now that it wasn’t that difficult.
How do you just replace the window of the side mirror of my Nissan Altima?
If perhaps you just want to replace the window of the side mirror of your Nissan Altima, you will initially need to discern the sort of locking of your mirror. To achieve this, the most basic approach is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to replace the side mirror glass of your Nissan Altima and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the easiest device to take off. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take off the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back in place with force. To check that it is well positioned, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to replace the side mirror glass of your Nissan Altima you will need to find the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Remember to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one supplied it with your new window, replace it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the event of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and carefully push it into its housing so as not to break it. Examine that it is well positioned by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Nissan Altima, most of the time it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is well fixed.
If you have any further questions about the Nissan Altima, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Altima category.