Car mirrors are one of the vital security features that you must perpetually be sure are working properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your finances because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning mirror. This is the case we will focus on today, you have endured a crash, one of your mirrors is broken and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Nissan Almera? You are at the right place, we will highlight all the steps to help you change it in the right way. First of all, we’ll look at what attracts you in this article, how to change a complete side mirror on your Nissan Almera, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Nissan Almera?
Let’s go, we start this guide with the part that probably concerns you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Nissan Almera? This process is fairly simple and you should be capable to do it on your own with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is in general clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure unplug the power connector that you will see at the rear of the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, commonly there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to let you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Nissan Almera. Be sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will only have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Nissan Almera, you know now that it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Nissan Almera?
In the event that you only wish to change the window of the side mirror of your Nissan Almera, you will first of all need to discern the kind of locking of your mirror. To do this, the least complicated approach is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you wish to change the side mirror glass of your Nissan Almera and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the least complicated device to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take out the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To check that it is well placed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Nissan Almera you will have to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Be sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, change it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the case of defrosting system
- Stick to the positioning guide (notch) and gently push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well placed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Nissan Almera, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less difficult access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the mechanism.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse procedure to reattach it and check that it is well fixed.
To get more tips on the Nissan Almera, take a look at the Nissan Almera category.