Car mirrors are one of the most important safety features that you need to always make sure are operating correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your budget because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning mirror. This is the case that interests us today, you have endured a collision, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Mitsubishi Outlander? You are at the right place, we will describe all the procedures to help you change it in the correct way. First of all, we’ll take a look at what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your Mitsubishi Outlander, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Mitsubishi Outlander?
Let’s go, we start this guide with the part that likely concerns you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Mitsubishi Outlander? This operation is quite simple and you should be capable to do it yourself with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to remove the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is generally clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in most cases there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to let you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Mitsubishi Outlander. Make sure keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will just have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to change the side mirror of your Mitsubishi Outlander, you see it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Mitsubishi Outlander?
In the event that you just need to change the window of the side mirror of your Mitsubishi Outlander, you will first need to discern the type of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the simplest approach is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you need to change the side mirror glass of your Mitsubishi Outlander and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the easiest unit to remove. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to remove the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To check that it is well placed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Mitsubishi Outlander you will need to find the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one supplied it with your new window, replace it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and delicately push it into its housing so as not to break it. Examine that it is well placed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Mitsubishi Outlander, most of the time it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
To find more tips on the Mitsubishi Outlander, take a look at the Mitsubishi Outlander category.