Vehicle mirrors are one of the vital security features that you must constantly ensure that are working properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your finances because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on in this article, you have suffered a collision, one of your side mirrors is ruined and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Hyundai Elantra? You are at the right place, we will outline all the guidelines to help you change it in the correct way. First of all, we’ll examine what attracts you in this article, how to change a complete side mirror on your Hyundai Elantra, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Hyundai Elantra?
Let’s go, we begin this guide with the part that most certainly appeal you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Hyundai Elantra? This procedure is very simple and you should be capable to do it without help with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take off the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is generally clipped on the door. For power mirrors, be sure to unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in most cases there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to enable you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Hyundai Elantra. Make sure you keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Hyundai Elantra, you see it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Hyundai Elantra?
In the event that you just wish to change the window of the side mirror of your Hyundai Elantra, you will first need to determine the kind of locking of your mirror. To achieve this, the least complicated methodology is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you wish to change the side mirror glass of your Hyundai Elantra and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the easiest unit to take off. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take off the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same and push it back into place with force. To verify that it is well installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Hyundai Elantra you will have to find the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure you keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one included it with your new window, change it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case there is defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and smoothly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can uncover the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Hyundai Elantra, most of the time it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the system.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is well fixed.
To get more tips on the Hyundai Elantra, take a look at the Hyundai Elantra category.