Vehicle mirrors are one of the most crucial safety features that you have to constantly be sure are working properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other motorists and your budget because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on today, you have endured a crash, one of your mirrors is damaged and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Honda Odyssey? You are at the best place, we will explain all the procedures to help you change it properly. First, we’ll look at what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your Honda Odyssey, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Honda Odyssey?
Let’s go, we start this guide with the part that most probably concerns you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Honda Odyssey? This operation is very simple and you should be capable to do it on your own with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to take off the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is in most cases clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure you unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. To finish, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, commonly there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to allow you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Honda Odyssey. Be sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Honda Odyssey, you know now that it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Honda Odyssey?
In case you simply want to change the window of the side mirror of your Honda Odyssey, you will first of all need to discern the kind of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the most basic strategy is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to change the side mirror glass of your Honda Odyssey and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the most simple device to take off. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take off the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same thing and push it back into place with force. To verify that it is perfectly placed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Honda Odyssey you will have to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Be sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, change it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case there is defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and smoothly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well placed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Honda Odyssey, generally it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less difficult access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is perfectly placed.
To find more tips on the Honda Odyssey, take a look at the Honda Odyssey category.