Vehicle mirrors are one of the vital security features that you have to always be sure are working correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning mirror. This is the circumstance that interests us on this page, you have dealt with a crash, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Ford Tourneo? You are at the best place, we will detail all the steps to help you change it in the correct way. First, we’ll examine what attracts you in this article, how to change a complete side mirror on your Ford Tourneo, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Ford Tourneo?
Let’s go, we begin this guide with the part that almost certainly appeal you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Ford Tourneo? This operation is quite simple and you should be competent to do it yourself with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to take off the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is usually clipped on the door. For power mirrors, remember to unplug the power connector that you will see at the rear of the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, generally there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to let you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Ford Tourneo. Make sure you keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Ford Tourneo, you know now that it wasn’t that difficult.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Ford Tourneo?
In the event you simply wish to change the window of the side mirror of your Ford Tourneo, you will initially need to identify the type of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the simplest approach is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you wish to change the side mirror glass of your Ford Tourneo and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the easiest device to take off. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take off the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same and push it back into place with force. To check that it is well positioned, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Ford Tourneo you will have to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure you keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, change it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and carefully push it into its housing so as not to break it. Examine that it is well positioned by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Ford Tourneo, generally it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
If you need more guides on the Ford Tourneo, go to our Ford Tourneo category.